July Review and August Affiliate Goals
July was a really good month for me business-wise and personally. I made a lot of income on my trading sites, negotiated fixed media deals and minimum guarantee deals across a handful of my sites, and sold a domain I’ve been trying to get rid of for the last 12 months.
July 2012 Recap:
- Sold 3 month pre-paid advertising deal on my finance site
- Negotiated minimum revenue deals on my gambling sites
- Sold GolfTrolleys.com domain for $x,xxxx
- Bought two new domains, BettingSites.org.uk and Teens.co.uk
- Met two new affiliates who I’m now working with in London
- Added 40 high quality pages to my StudentMoney.co.uk site
- Found an editor to post content to my sites
I bought Teens.co.uk the other day. It’s a cute domain, which I think could develop into a really good teen beauty/health/fashion/gossip/forum/news site 12 months down the line. I also think I could flip the domain for a decent profit which always helps.
I’ve also started skipping (jump rope) for fitness/cardio after finding out the gym in my local area costs £80/month. The skipping’s going really well and I’m making progress on a daily basis. Apparently skipping is one of the best things you can do for cardio, fitness, fat loss and muscle building. 10 minutes of skipping is the equivalent to running a mile.
August 2012 Goals:
I’m planning to invest a huge chunk of the revenue from my media deal into my non-gambling sites. Overall, I’m aiming to invest and upload around 100 pages of content (1,000 words each) into two of my non-gambling sites next month. Ideally I’d like to create big content sites (300+ pages) on Investing.co.uk, StudentMoney.co.uk, Teens.co.uk and MoneyAdvisor.co.uk, with 50% of my income coming from non-gambling sites by the end of the year.
I also spoke to Randy from PAL last week, who gave me some excellent tips for increasing revenue on my Adsense sites. Since speaking to him, I’ve already gone from around a 0.5% CTR to 5% on a couple of my sites which is pretty insane.
- Outsource and upload 50 pages for Investing.co.uk
- Outsource and upload 40 pages for StudentMoney.co.uk
- Launch Teens.co.uk and MoneyAdvisor.co.uk with a few pages
- Increase earnings on my Forex site
- Upload 20 pages of content for my BettingSites.org.uk mini project.
- Build traffic to my OddsWinner.com site
- Do some more SEO consulting for clients
I’ve also planned a couple of really interesting interviews/guest posts which should be published on AffiliateFYI.com in the next week or two, so stay tuned for that!